SUPPLY CHAIN & PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR
Supply Chain Department: Brewery Management, Demand Planning, Logistics, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Warehouse
Reports to: CEO
Beer is our business. We were among the first to export our iconic Dutch beers all over the world and have been brewing, shipping, marketing and exploring ever since… We are proud deliver our brands to every corner of the world: fast and highly efficient. Today, United Dutch Breweries has loyal customer relations and brand presence in over 100 countries. Key to success is our strong portfolio that covers the full beer spectrum: from premium lagers like Oranjeboom and Royal Dutch to specialty beers such as Trio Stout and Monastère to non-alcoholic malt beverages like 3 Horses.
United Dutch Breweries is a young company with a rich history. We are headquartered in Breda (the Netherlands) and have sales offices in Shanghai and Singapore. The company has been very successful in hiring and developing a team that lives the entrepreneurial spirit and sense of ownership.
The Supply Chain & Procurement Director is responsible for optimization, working and strategic conformity of the total chain from suppliers (breweries, packaging) to customer and this for UDB-products & -services. With focus on the procurement of products & services.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management & Logistics or related disciplines
+15 years’ experience in procurement/supply chain of FMCG. Preferable in international environment.
General competences :
- Ability to build (senior) relationships
- Analytical decision making
- Managing people/Leadership
- Results oriented
- Cross organizational collaboration
- Continuous improvement
- Managing supply chain
- Languages : Dutch, English (fluent), France (plus), Spanish (plus)
- Be a trusted partner to our strategic partners (eg brewers) with the ability to build long term relationships on o.a. board level
- Developing long term supply chain strategy & policy in line with UDB overall strategy.
- Execute the supply chain strategy to realize customer experience by developing a high performing supply chain organization based on efficient processes, procedures and systems. The supply chain includes “demand planning suppliers, stock suppliers, warehouse UDB or direct loading from suppliers, transport & shipping”.
- Develop and where needed revise brewery footprint (from European to Global) within the context of the asset light model of UDB, taking into account cost, quality control, efficiency and risk management.
- Execute the procurement of UDB products & services (transport, packaging…) based on global market insights. Create/operate a high performing supply chain team with a KPI-based culture, in line with UDB-culture.
- Propose an annual budget to the MT and execute the approved budget accordingly : high commitment to budget.
- Set-up a continuous monitoring and improvement process on supply chain key characteristics based on KPI’s: service (OTIF), cost, speed (time to deliver), quality (complaints).
- Monitor the quality assurance system (maintain, extensions) procedures & processes
- Long term supply chain strategy
- Risk management; guarantee availability of supply (eg beer)
- Procurement of UDB-products and services (contracts)
- Supply chain budget: set-up & execution on annual base
- Supply chain team: to create customer experience
- Quality assurance system
Let's talk beer
Are you interested in selling our beers in your market? Leave your contact details and we will come back to you a.s.a.p.
Join our beer community