Logistics ManagerThe Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the entire physical flow of our products from the breweries to our customers.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the entire physical flow of our products from the breweries to our customers. This consists of the operational management, continuous improvement and buying of all warehousing, in- and outbound transport.
- Bachelor/Master degree in the area of industrial engineering, supply chain management or logistics
- Comfortable in switching between strategic/tactical and operational levels
- Knowledge of export processes, sea freight, European transport and customs
- Procurement experience
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in the fast moving consumer goods sector
- Experience in people management
- Manage the operations with regard to transport and warehousing, delivering quality, service and cost KPI’s to target
- Line manager of the transport and warehousing teams: responsible for building high performing team, engagement and development of direct reports.
- Manage the relationship with transport partners, setting up regular performance management meetings, managing the transport forwarders and shipping companies on their KPI’s
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy for buying transport, global deep sea, European trucking, rail and barge, including tendering, negotiation and contracting.
- Set up and implement a continuous improvement program for transport and warehousing KPI’s
- Initiate and manage change projects both internally and externally in the area of transport and warehousing improving “cost to serve”, service and quality KPI’s
- Create a strategy for the transport and warehouse function for the coming 3 years
- Initiate, evaluate and bring in new trends and technologies that will support UDB in reaching its goals
- Operational performance of global transport and warehousing in the areas of cost, quality and service
- Procurement of global transport and warehousing
- Create a high performing team of engaged employees, who develop both functionally and personally
4816 KB Breda, The Netherlands
P +31 (0)76 578 10 00
F +31 (0)76 578 10 01
Join our beer community